Clinton is a village in Summit County, Ohio, United States. The population was 1,214 at the 2010 Census. It is part of the Akron Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Clinton was formerly known as Warwick, and that name is still used for the rail junction.
The village was laid out in 1816. Growth accelerated upon the arrival of the Ohio and Erie Canal. The arrival of the railroad in the 1880s, put the canal, which was then in need of costly repairs, out of business. A major flood in 1913 required that the remaining canal locks be destroyed.
Clinton is located at 40°55′24″N 81°37′59″W / 40.92333°N 81.63306°W / 40.92333; -81.63306 (40.923388, -81.633088), along the Tuscarawas River.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 3.64 square miles (9.43 km2), of which 3.55 square miles (9.19 km2) is land and 0.09 square miles (0.23 km2) is water.
According to the 2010 Census, there were 1,214 people, 471 households, and 345 families residing in Clinton. The population density was 342.0 inhabitants per square mile (132.0/km2). There were 535 housing units at an average density of 150.7 per square mile (58.2/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.5% White, 0.3% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 0.2% from other races, and 1.3% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.7% of the population.